Friday, October 16, 2009

Let it Burn!






This thing smelled horrible.


A while ago I made this squid poster for a show at my school. My friend Franco liked it so much he got it tattooed on his arm. Skin is a relatively new canvas to me haha, its an honor to have my art on someone's body. Thanks Franco.






"Killer Wyldlife, the Champagne of Bands"(26"x8") a one color screenprint I threw together last evening, edition of 35. I've been doing alot of last minute posters every time Wyldlife has a show haha. I put them up at 2 in the morning and most were taken down by the afternoon. Its cool that people like them so much they want to steal them, oh well.
If your looking for something to do tonight come check out me and the Wyldlife boys at the Stood, 10pm, its going to rock, and I promise you won't be disapointed.




"The Death of a Passenger Pigeon" (22"x30")reduction woodcut, in an edition of 20, on Stonehenge paper. This was my first reduction print and I'm pretty happy with how it came out. You may be asking, what is a reduction print? Well, what you do is carve out the first color from the woodblock (the background color), print it on paper, and then carve out the second color and print it on top of the first color. I'm definitely going to make more of these in the future.

This weekend has the potential to be one of the best of my life. Tonight I get to play a show on the main stage at Purchase, while tomorrow I'm taking a 5 hour greyhound bus ride, to see my all time favorite band Social Distortion at the house of blues in Atlantic City, New Jersey. Its going to be an adventure!



-Spencer

3 comments:

J Hitchings said...

that is a sweet tattoo/design.
that's the worst when people steal your prints for shows ugghh

Anonymous said...

I usually try to only take posters that I really like after the show's over.
I had really wanted one of these but by the time I went looking there wasn't a single one to be found.

I think your work is fucking terrific and while it does really suck when people take your posters down, its gotta be at least a little satisfying. :]

Spencer Alexander said...

Hey thanks! Its a bittersweet feeling, most of the time I'll put posters up and they'll be gone in a couple hours. Its flattering that people want them so bad haha. But it sucks because people won't know about the show.