Wednesday, October 7, 2009

My fifteen minutes of fame? Lord I hope not.

Yesterday I went to a taping of Late Night with Jimmy Fallon, with my boys Manuel, Jay, and Cam. We arrived at NBC studios in Rockefeller center, and we were walking through when some guy approached us, this is how it went:
guy:You guys here to see Jimmy Fallon?
Us:Yeah.
guy: You guys want to stand behind the roots and rock out when the musical guest plays?
Us: Hell yeah!
The musical guest was Christopher Cross, who I had never, ever heard of, and I like to think I have a pretty wide knowledge of popular music. I guess he would be categorized under "soft rock." It was music you'd hear in the supermarket late at night haha, but that made it all the more fun to dance to.
So we ended up rocking out behind the legendary Christopher Cross and Michael McDonald(the surprise guest), haha, two very old "rock stars." You can see me directly behind Christopher Cross, rocking a leather jacket, my shades, and a sailors hat. Notice how at the end of the song, I motionlessly rock the Run DMC pose.



I'm not sure how I get myself into these situations, but man am I glad I do.

No comments: